Dick Whittington Performed by Glasgow Pantomime

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Geocaching

I don't think Geocaching could be used in a Public Library, unless it was part of a program being run. I can't see either teenagers or adults wanting to do this. In the example, new Students in a University Library were enthusiastic about taking part, it was used as a way of getting to know their way around the University campus. It's sort of like an orienteering exercise with a difference, using a GPS. When I was a lot younger I went on car rally's with my parents, maybe GPS grid references could be used for the rallying points instead of clues on a sheet of paper, in the style of that old film "Smokey and the Bandit" starring Burt Reynolds and sally Field.
Peter

3 comments:

  1. well what else is new? all this technology when most of our patron don't even have an ipod or the lastest 3/4g phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we would maybe have to aim any library cashing ideas to the younger generation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 teenagers they wouldnt do it

    ReplyDelete